Mass privatization of the state property was launched.
- September Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania On the Establishment of the Securities Commission and the National Stock Exchange of Lithuania was adopted.
- October Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania regarding Provisional Regulations on Issuance and Public Trading of Securities and the Stock Exchange was passed.
- 20 April The Statutory Meeting of the NSEL was held electing the NSEL’s Supervisory Board and appointing the Board.
- May First training courses for finance brokers were held.
- 11 May NSEL was registered with the Securities Commission.
- September The Central Securities Depository started operating within the Exchange structure.
- 14 September The first trading session of the Exchange was held.
- 23 August The first trading session was carried out on the trading system donated by the SBF-Paris Stock Exchange and the IBM AS/400 machine.
- August Government Securities were issued and introduced to trading on the Exchange for the first time.
- 4 July The Law on the Privatization of State-owned and Municipal Property of the Republic of Lithuania was passed.
- July The Exchange, the CSDL and the Bank of Lithuania signed an agreement on clearing and settlement through the Settlement Center of the Bank of Lithuania.
July Daily trading in Government Securities and trading in shares twice per week was launched.
- February The Law on Public Trading in Securities was adopted.
- August Privatization of the state-owned and municipal property through the Exchange commenced.
- October Official indices of the Exchange – LITIN-A, LITIN-G, LITIN-VVP – were launched.
- 2 December Daily stock trading started.
- 7 April The Official List was composed and the Official List benchmark, the LITIN index, was introduced.
- 15-16 May International conference Lithuanian Capital Market and Investment Opportunities was held.
- 1 April Continuous trading in shares was launched.
- June The Exchange became a corresponding member of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE).
- 1 June Official and Current Lists were composed on a voluntary basis, and the tier of Unlisted Securities was created.
- 30 June The general shareholders meeting adopted a decision concerning reorganization of the NSEL from a non-profit organization to a public limited company, approved the Articles of Association of the Nacionaline Vertybiniu Popieriu Birza AB, and elected the NSEL’s Supervisory Board.
- 1 February New Trading Rules of the Exchange came into force and continuous trading in debt securities was launched.
- 2 February The 1000th trading session took place on the Exchange.
- April The Exchange started calculating a new price index LITIN-10, pooling securities of 10 most liquid Exchange companies, with the initial value of 1000 points.
- 22 – 24 April The European Stock Exchanges Forum of the Federation of European Securities Exchanges (FESE) was held in Vilnius attracting 28 representatives of 16 exchanges.
- 24 April The stock exchanges of Riga, Tallinn, and Vilnius signed a Memorandum of Cooperation.
- 21 June The Board of the Exchange decided to initiate a major restructuring of the trading system and implement the automated three-tier trading system TLAPS.
- September Trading in corporate bonds launched on the Exchange.
- 24 September The Alliance of the Nordic Stock Exchanges, NOREX, invited the Baltic Stock Exchanges to enter into negotiations on joining the Alliance.
- 3 January A joint list of securities listed on the Baltic Stock Exchanges, the Baltic List, was announced.
- February The first issue of the joint publication Baltic Stock Exchanges. Monthly Statistics was published.
- 5 May The stock exchanges of Vilnius, Tallinn, and Riga signed the Letter of Intent on joining NOREX.
- 26 – 27 May The 7th Central and Eastern European Sports Tournament was held in Vilnius attracting as many as 120 representatives from eight stock exchanges.
- June The Exchange was granted the official status of a corresponding member at the General Assembly of FESE.
- 4 July Cooperation agreement on exchange of information on listed companies was signed with the London Stock Exchange.
- September The first version of the trading system TLAPS was introduced to users.
- 9 November London hosted a road show of the Baltic stock exchanges and listed companies.
- 1 February The following amendments of the Trading Rules came into effect: Information on received orders is disclosed to all exchange members at the opening of a trading session. Trading session lasts one hour longer. The price of the last transaction of a trading session is considered the closing price of that security. Calculation of the Current List index LITIN-A was terminated.
- 28 February The Exchange became a member of the Financial Information Services Group of the Software and Information Industry Association (FISD/SIIA ).
- 1 April Calculation methodology of LITIN-10 and LITIN-G indices was revised. As from then the LITIN-G index covers only listed shares.
- 18 April The Exchange, together with the mobile telecommunications company Omnitel, launched a new service – provision of real time market data via SMS to cellular phones.
- 28 May The Exchange, together with the NASDAQ OMX Riga, formally put on hold cooperation with the Nordic Alliance NOREX.
- 9 August Memorandum on Cooperation regarding exchange of information, sharing of experience in organization and development of the market and mutual use of technology was signed with the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- 14 November The Exchange, together with the Securities Commission and the Partners for Financial Stability Program, held a seminar on Investor Relations.
- 2 February The Board of the Bank of Lithuania established Euro as the anchor currency for Litas as of 2 February 2002, with the official exchange rate of LTL 3.4528 for EUR 1.
- 22 March The Exchange, the National Association of Finance Brokers, the Polish Association of Finance Brokers and Investment Advisors, assisted by the Partners for Financial Stability Program organized a seminar Financial Analysis and Investment Portfolio Management.
- 1 April The new Law on Securities Market of the Republic of Lithuania came into force.
- 4 November Amendments and supplements to the Trading Rules, as well as supplements to the Rules on Public Sale of Securities on the Exchange, and amendments and supplements to the Rules on Execution of the Tender Offer on the Exchange came into force providing that the title to securities transferable under transactions concluded on the Exchange passes to the new owner on the settlement day.
- 15 November The Exchange became an associate member of FESE, the Federation of the European Securities Exchanges.
- 15 January The Exchange conducts the 2000th trading session. During 2000 trading sessions more than 297 thousand transactions for LTL 12 billion were performed.
- 19 February The Exchange, together with the Accounting Institute of Lithuania and the Partners for Financial Stability Program, held a seminar on International Standards of Financial Reporting. About 80 issuers, brokerage companies and representatives of other capital market institutions participated in the seminar.
- 30 April The General Shareholders’ Meeting approved of the change of the company’s name to NASDAQ OMX Vilnius (Vilniaus Vertybiniu Popieriu Birza AB).
- 30 July LITIN-10 index exceeded 2000 points for the first time.
- 12 September Marking its 10th anniversary, the Exchange held a conference in Vilnius “Accession of the Lithuanian Capital Market to the Single Market of the EU”. About 300 people attended the conference.
- 14 September The Exchange celebrates its 10th anniversary.
- 4 December The Privatization Commission adopted the privatization program for the sale of 54.47% of shares of the NSEL and 32% of shares of the Central Securities Depository of Lithuania.
- 1 January A new wording of the Trading Rules came into force.
- 9 February The Exchange was granted an affiliate status with the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE).
- 11 February The Exchange in co-operation with the Partners for Financial Stability Program conducted a seminar on corporate governance. The first draft of the Corporate Governance Code for Lithuanian Listed Companies was presented at the seminar.
- 29 March The Exchange moved to a new location (Konstitucijos pr. 7, Business Center Europa, Floor 15, Vilnius LT-08501, Lithuania).
- 23 April The Corporate Governance Code for Lithuanian Listed Companies adopted.
- 20 May The Exchange in co-operation with the Partners for Financial Stability Program and the Lithuanian Accounting Institute conducted a seminar on International Financial Reporting Standards.
- 28 May OMHEX, Northern Europe’s largest securities market operator, and the Lithuanian State Property Fund (SPF) closed the transaction, whereby OMHEX purchased 44.3 percent of the shares of the VSE and 32 percent of the shares of the Central Securities Depository of Lithuania.
- 28 May A new Management Board of the Exchange was formed, Dalia Jasulaitytė was elected the president of the Exchange and the chairperson of the Management Board.
- 1 June The Exchange became a Full Member of the Federation of European Securities Exchanges (FESE).
- 8 June A new Supervisory Board of the Exchange was elected with Gert Tiivas in the chair.
- 1 July Baltic List, comprised of all main list companies of the Riga, Tallinn and NASDAQ OMX Vilniuss was expanded.
- 18 August The National Stock Exchange of Lithuania changed its name to the NASDAQ OMX Vilnius.
- 1 September Parent company of the NASDAQ OMX Vilnius OMHEX changed its name to OMX.
- 27 September The VSE listed shares index LITIN-G stopped to be calculated. Capitalization-weighted chain-linked total return indexes VILSE of all listed shares replaced LITIN-G.
- 27 September The VSE Official list share index LITIN stopped to be calculated. Capitalization-weighted chain-linked total return index BALTIX for all shares listed on the Main Lists of the Riga, Tallinn and NASDAQ OMX Vilniuss.
- 1 December Agreement signed regarding the combination of Copenhagen Stock Exchange and OMX.
- 1 January Changes to the VSE Trading Rules regarding the admission, annual listing and commission fees for transactions have come into effect.
- 1 January OMX Exchanges President of Baltic Operations, Gert Tiivas, started to work as the head of OMX Growth Markets.
- 24 January Changes to the VSE Trading Rules regarding reduction of commission fees for transactions came into effect.
- 1 April As a result of the merger of OMX and Copenhagen Stock Exchange, a new Board of Directors has been appointed for OMX Exchanges Ltd.
- 1 April As a step in OMX’s combination with the Copenhagen Stock Exchange, a new organization is being established within the OMX Exchanges division.
- 27 April A new Supervisory Board of the Vilnius Stock Exchange has been elected.
- 30 May VSE started trading on teh new SAXESS trading platform.
- 3 October All-share total return index VILSE has changed its name to OMX Vilnius (ticker OMXV).
- 10 October Apranga APB shares listed on the Main List of the VSE.
- 26 October Sanitas AB shares listed on the Main List of the VSE.
- 1 January OMX adjusts its organization. The two divisions OMX Exchanges and OMX Technology were replaced by three business areas: Nordic Marketplaces, Information Services & New Markets and Market Technology.
- 1 January OMX Baltic stock exchanges introduced GICS standard for I-list companies.
- 15 March OMX Baltic exchanges opened a Baltic Fund Center.
- 24 March OMX Baltic exchanges launched The Baltic Market Awards.
- 17 May Vilkyskiu Pienine AB shares listed on the VSE
- 3 July Panevezio statybos trestas AB and Ukio bankas AB shares listed on the Main List of the NASDAQ OMX Vilnius.
- 14 July New Law on Securities market and new Law on Companies of the Republic of Lithuania came into force.
- 22 August New Corporate Governance Code for listed companies was approved by the VSE
- 11 September The VSE organizes a seminar CEO Meets Investor.
- 1 January The Baltic exchanges have introduced single Baltic membership, giving members the right to trade equities and fixed income products in all three Baltic markets through the exchanges in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius via single access point to all three exchanges.
- 23 January AS SBM Pank, the Tallinn Stock Exchange member, has been approved as a member on the Riga and Vilnius stock exchanges.
- 28 February UAB FMĮ Jūsų Tarpininkas, a member on Vilnius Stock Exchange, has been approved as a member on the Tallinn and Riga stock exchanges.
- 11 April AS Norvik Banka has been approved as a member on Vilnius, Ryga and Tallinn stock exchanges.
- 27 April Cresco Väärtpaberite AS, the Tallinn Stock Exchange member, has been approved as a member on the Riga and Vilnius stock exchanges.
- 27 April AS Baltic Trust Bank, the Riga Stock Exchange member, has been approved as a member on the Vilnius and Tallinn stock exchanges.
- 2 May AB Rytų Skirstomieji Tinklai shares have been listed on the Main List of the Vilnius Stock Exchange.
- 22 May AS Trasta Komercbanka has been approved as a member on Vilnius, Ryga and Tallinn stock exchanges.
- 21 May A new list structure has been introduced on OMX stock exchanges in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius. The new list structure has two notable changes: modified admission and listing criteria on Baltic Main List and a new list – Baltic Secondary List – created by merging current Baltic I-List with Free List in Riga.
- 8 June AB City Service shares listed on the Main List of the Vilnius Stock Exchange.
- 12 June AB DnB NORD Bankas, the Vilnius Stock Exchange member, has been approved as a member on the Riga and Tallinn stock exchanges.
- 16 June AB Bankas Snoras, the Vilnius Stock Exchange member, has been approved as a member on the Riga and Tallinn stock exchanges.
- 24 October UAB FMĮ Orion Securities become a market maker for the shares of AB Vilkyškių Pieninė.19 December The Baltic Alternative market First North has been launched in Lithuania.
- 1 January Shares of AB Invalda, AB Lietuvos dujos ir AB Vilkyškių Pieninė have been addmited to the Main List of Vilnius Stock Echange. 23 January Eleven companies have become certified advisers on First North in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- 8 February NASDAQ and OMX NASDAQ complete the transaction to become the NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- 3 March Vilnius Stock Exchange introduces new debt securities market segment.
- 17 March Instinet Europe Limited has been approved as a member on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic Market stock exchanges and has received access to trading on the exchanges in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius.
- 2 April AB Agrowill Group shares have been listed on the Main List of the Vilnius Stock Echange.
- 10 April AB Ūkio Bankas, the Vilnius Stock Exchange member, has been approved as a member on the Riga and Tallinn stock exchanges.
- 24 April Financial brokerage UAB FMĮ Finhill has been approved as a member on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic Market in Tallinn and Riga.
- 3 July AB Bankas Finasta has been approved as a member on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic Market stock exchanges in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius.
- 22 July Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (SEB) has been approved as a member on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic Market stock exchanges in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius.
- 14 September NASDAQ OMX Vilnius celebrates the 15th anniversary.
- 15 September Evli Bank Plc, a Finnish investment bank, has been approved as a member on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic stock exchanges
- 16 September NASDAQ OMX Baltic stock exchanges start providing new services for existing and newly established investment funds in the Baltic countries. The new market segment and new Baltic Funds list were launched in order to enable investment funds to become listed and traded on these stock exchanges. The new market segments are available in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius.
- 5 November Baltic Stock Exchanges update the Baltic Fund Center website.
- 14 September NASDAQ OMX Baltic stock exchanges in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius have been rebranded as NASDAQ OMX Tallinn, NASDAQ OMX Riga and NASDAQ OMX Vilnius and the names of the legal entities are changed accordingly.
- 2 February Trading hours on all NASDAQ OMX Baltic exchanges have been extended by 2 hours, remaining open until 4:00 pm (EET).
- 2 February NASDAQ OMX Vilnius starts primary auctions of Lithuanian Government bonds.
- 2 March AS DnB NORD Banka has been approved as a member on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic Market stock exchanges in Tallinn and Vilnius.
- 25 May NASDAQ OMX Baltic partners establish the first independent institutional equity research company in the Baltics – Emerging Nordic Research.
- 6 August NASDAQ OMX Baltic exchanges together with partners launch the non-profit initiative, the Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance, the first initiative of such kind in the whole Baltic region, aimed at further improval of corporate governance in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The representative of NASDAQ OMX Baltic has been awarded a prestigious Baltic Sea Award for the initiative to improve business and public awareness of the importance of corporate governance.
- 18 November NASDAQ OMX agrees with Swedbank and SEB to acquire their minority stakes in the NASDAQ OMX Tallinn exchange. At the same time, other local minority shareholders sell their stakes in NASDAQ OMX Tallinn to NASDAQ OMX, bringing NASDAQ OMX’s ownership in NASDAQ OMX Tallinn to 93%. In connection with this deal, SEB sells its 1.2% stake in NASDAQ OMX Vilnius to NASDAQ OMX. NASDAQ OMX’s goal is to reach 100% ownership in all NASDAQ OMX Baltic exchanges in the near future.
- 18 March Danske Bank A/S signs Government securities auction participant agreement.
- 1 April AS Regionala Investiciju Banka becomes a new member of NASDAQ OMX Vilnius.
- 25 May The Exchange organizes the 8th investors’ meeting. Executives from Vilkyškių Pieninė, AB, AB Linas Agro Group, and TEO LT, AB take part in the event.
- 1 July AB Grigiškės’ shares are admitted to the Official Trading List. The company’s shares had been quoted on the Secondary List since 1994.
- 19 July Distribution of the first emission of euro-denominated Government securities starts.
- 31 August AB Pramprojektas’ shares have been removed from the NASDAQ OMX Vilnius Secondary List.
- 22 November NASDAQ OMX Vilnius changes the trading and settlement currency from the litas to the euro.
- 24 November AB Bank Snoras’ ordinary shares are listed on the Official List.
- 22 December LITGRID, AB shares are listed on the secondary NASDAQ OMX Vilnius trading list.
- 17 January AB LESTO shares are listed on the Official Trading List.
- 18 January Structured bonds are listed on NASDAQ OMX Vilnius for the first time.
- 1 February Shares of the first index fund, OMX Baltic Benchmark Fund, are included in the Fund Trading List. This is the first open investment fund in the Baltic countries established under the Baltic benchmark stock index, OMX Baltic Benchmark GI.
- 20 June NASDAQ OMX has successfully introduced trading of debt securities in the GENIUM INET trading system.
- 5 October The Ministry of Finance of Lithuania signs Government securities auction participant contract with the Latvian bank Swedbank AS. This is the first Auction participant outside Lithuania.
- 7 October Baltic business delegation closes the trading session of the NASDAQ stock market in New York.
- 16 November The trade of the AB Bankas Snoras’ shares have been suspended due to the bank’s nationalization.
- 21November NASDAQ OMX Vilnius terminates the stock exchange membership of Latvijas Krajbanka, subsidiary of AB Bankas Snoras.
- 1 January Arminta Saladžienė becomes the head of NASDAQ OMX Baltic Market department. The unit consists of the Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius stock exchanges as well as Estonia’s and Latvia’s central securities depositories.
- 3 January NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Oy purchases the remaining 60% of the CSDL shares from the Bank of Lithuania. After this transaction, NASDAQ OMX Group became the sole owner of the CSDL. Until then, the NASDAQ OMX Group owned 32% of the CSDL shares through NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Oy and 8% – through NASDAQ OMX Vilnius Stock Exchange. Both Exchanges are 96% – owned by NASDAQ OMX.
- 1 February A new ICB (Industry Classification Benchmark) classification standard enters into force.
- 31 March NASDAQ OMX Vilnius and the Central Securities Depository of Lithuania change the registered office address to Lvovo g. 25 (Vilniaus verso uostas, ‘Mažoji burė’ 10th Floor).
- 4 June NASDAQ OMX Baltic exchange in order to make the price process more efficient and transparent, introduces new price change rules.
- 26 October Arūnas Šikšta, chief executive at TEO LT, AB, becomes the first representative from the Baltic listed company to close trading session in NASDAQ OMX Stock Exchange in New York.
- 30 October AB Bankas Finasta becomes a market maker for the shares of AS Ekspress Grupp listed on NASDAQ OMX Baltic Main List.
- 20 November NASDAQ OMX Baltic market announces fee holiday for funds listing to last from January 1, 2013 till December 31, 2013.
- 23 January The first bond issue of the Latvian state-owned energy utility Latvenergo AS has been listed on NASDAQ OMX Baltic Bond List.
- 24 January The annual Baltic Market Awards ceremony announces the winners for the year 2012. TEO LT, AB, AS Latvijas Kuģniecība, and AS LVH Pank have received awards in five different nominations.
- 20 March AB Šiaulių Bankas becomes the 24th member of NASDAQ OMX Baltic market that includes the stock exchanges and central depositaries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- 4 April NASDAQ OMX Vilnius announces the annual competition for the best research paper devoted to the Lithuanian or Baltic stock market. The competition is aims to encourage students to analyze stock market news, trends and changes as well as to assess the impact of the stock market on the country’s economic development.1 July NASDAQ OMX Baltic stock exchanges launch a new market making program designed to increase liquidity of the Baltic market. NASDAQ OMX Tallinn, NASDAQ OMX Riga and NASDAQ OMX Vilnius in order to encourage members to join this voluntary program have offered a 40% discount on the standard trading fees.
- 1 August AB Bankas Finasta joins NASDAQ OMX Baltic market making program becoming a liquidity provider for shares of six companies traded on the Baltic market.
- 1 August Shares of a natural gas transmission company AB Amber Grid (ticker symbol: AMG) start trading on the NASDAQ OMX Baltic Secondary List.
- 9 August Baltic Alternative market First North starts trading shares of Estonia’s Telescan AS (ticker symbol: TSC1T).