Ways to float a company
- Just list on the secondary market. The liquidity of the company’s shares increases: current shareholders are able to buy and sell shares at the market price. The shareholder base is expected to expand.
- A company may conduct an IPO, raising money for development or project financing.
- Current shareholders sell a part of their holding.
- Shareholders pass a resolution to float the shares.
- An issue prospectus is registered with the respective country’s Financial Supervisory Authority, which grants an issue certificate.
- An agreement is signed with the respective country’s securities depository.
- A listing application is submitted to the respective country’s stock exchange.
More information about listing rules under Rules and Regulations.